Art, Design & Technology
How can you help?
- Make sure your child has space and time at home to comfortably sit and draw.
- Ensure that they have basic art equipment: a pencil, rubber and a sharpener is a must, but a coloured pencil crayons kit and a basic paint set of watercolours will encourage a love of creating.
- Encourage any form of drawing, sketching and doodling and try to provide a sketchbook or paper.
- Give constructive feedback and support with homework but do not draw anything for your child. The feedback given in class is specific for the scholar’s development and feedback is far less effective when parents have done some of the work.
- Try sitting and doing some of the homework alongside – it can be fun, it shows your child you value the work, and can be an excellent way to spend quality time together.
- Encourage scholars to attend art club after school on Friday if they miss a lesson to catch up.