Half-term 1: Positive Integers, Negative Integers.
Half-term 2: Fractions, Decimals.
Half-term 3: Percentages, Introduction to Algebra.
Half-term 4: Simple Equations, Angles in triangles and quadrilaterals.
Half-term 5: Transformations
Half-term 6: Perimeter and Area, Volume and surface area.
A successful scholar after Year 7 will:
- Have a firm knowledge of the four operations, as well as an understanding of 3 of the main strands of mathematics: Number; Algebra and Geometry.
- Be able to recall facts about the topics studied and have made adequate progress throughout the year.
How can you help?
- Each week ask about your scholar’s homework
- Provide your scholar with a good place to work
- Encourage your scholar to work in the right way
- Sign-off their homework each week
- Encourage your scholar not to give up if they are making mistakes
- Reassure your scholar if they are not understanding