Half-term 1: The value of physical activity and physical activity preparation, Netabll, Badminton
Half-term 2: ‘Handball, Badminton
Half-term 3: Football, Gymnastics
Half-term 4: Health, fitness and well-being, Components of fitness, Methods of training, Fitness testing
Half-term 5: Athletics, Striking and Fielding
Half-term 6: Striking and Fielding
A successful scholar after Year 7 will:
- Master basic skills and attempt more advanced techniques well
- Describe, in-depth the rules of the activity; lead a basic practice/game with minimal help and feedback
- Effectively solve problems in practises and make improvements based on feedback
- Understand personal development, specifically the values of Physical Education, self-worth, resilience, inter-personal skills, kindness and respect
How can you help?
- Make sure your child is reading every night. Reading for pleasure is fundamental to academic success in every subject.
- Read our weekly newsletter so that you know what your child is studying. Having conversations about topics of study can be powerful.
- Help your child with their home learning in PE. You can quiz them on the content that they need to learn.
- Make sure that scholars participate in some form of physical activity every day, you could encourage them to attend extra-curricular clubs.
- Ask them about their favourite sport and find them a team/club to attend out of school in your local community.